Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Even though she's like in Korea now and dancing her heart out, I just want to wish Elizabeth a very very happy fabulous meaningful memorable satisfying awesome fun exciting 17th birthday!!

I don't usually do dedications in my blog, but I'll do one anyway! Why?

Because she's more than a friend/senior to me. And that's why I have her listed in my phone as Grandma (even though technically the number's probably invalid): ever since knowing her in Sec 2, I've grown so much. Especially when we had that argument about the hypersensitivity/insensitivity thing, and how she handles things in a godly and non-subjective way. And how she and Ruimin looked at my scrapbook and went 'Wow' and perhaps that was one of the first times people ever saw it, other than my sister, and commented about how I should be taking art in Sec 3, etc.

And she dragged me along to meet Esther from yfc for the first time after homecoming day 2006, where I started to become more aware of my faith and about being a Christian. How I was encouraged despite being the jerk sec 2 kid that I was. And of course, watching them mug in the mornings, and reading A math textbooks wondering aloud how fun it would be and she'll be like, are you mad? and I'll be all No I'm not and she'll give that look of bewilderment and half-amusement.

And I remember crying in the train because I was sick and confused and stuck in Tampines knowing nothing about what to do next, and she helped me to get to the bus stop to take a bus home. And one year ago, I was baking peanut butter cookies that went rather strange and gooey but she still appreciated them anyway.

So she's been a grandma to me in many ways. And to, oh my goodness, prevent it from sounding like a eulogy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH! I hope and pray that God will continue to direct your paths, be it dancing or studying mass com. 17 is like, such an exciting age. (Cos you can read Seventeen magazine and not appear pretentious. Ha-ha, I know that's really corny. -.- )

No comments:

Post a Comment