Monday, October 29, 2007

Saturday was surreal.

My morning started off by getting pretty creeped out, having to alight at the 55 bus stop near the old Grand Hotel in Marine Parade, having heard that it was split into two for the construction of Still Road that runs through it, and thus having the constant impression of guilt for trespassing through its faded grandeur (that sort of thing).

Then I was mildly worried that I was walking in the wrong direction to McDonald's at Parkway Parade. Upon arriving, Mingting called and told me solemnly that she spilt tea all over herself, except that I heard it as 'I spilt pee all over myself' and I was like, exclaiming, 'you spilled pee all over yourself?' to the amusement of early morning office-staff. Then I realized it was tea she was talking about.

But anyway, the rest came late because they took the wrong bus and ended up in Geylang, or so I heard. We realized it was going to rain, since darkness suddenly befell upon us as if a premonition, and rushed to the bus stop, learnt that Angeline's camera is malfunctioning, and got on a bus where Andrea lost his sugar for his tea. We alighted a few bus stops too early before VS and ended up running in the drizzle, and fortunately met with Gasper's family and his wonderful car with the automatic doors.


You can see how dishevelled we looked. Mingting's trying to conceal the fact that she spilt tea all over herself with a strategically-placed blazer! Haha.


Shiyun's posing with her Fillet O' Fish in the canteen. McDonald's Mornings always inject so much joy into our sodden lives, ha.

We lost the first match of the day to KC X, despite trying to avenge for our junior team's loss to them as well. Quite disappointing, since we had won all three rounds the day before. But Mrs Ho dropped by with the tee we gave her and our junior team won sc so it wasn't too demoralizing, I guess. Met pl in the next round; won, but not by a very large margin. (This is in relation to the previous debates, heh.)

We had to meet our junior team in the semifinals! It was quite a fun round, and I had a freaky deja vu moment in the middle of giving my case division, although personally I felt really unprepared to give my speech because in comparison to the other motions, this was probably one of the those I wasn't as confident in. Furthermore, minutes before stepping into the room, I was frantically having a 'costume change' to suit the school blazer. And I still can't tie a decent knot in my tie.

Meeting sc in the finals was interesting. They had a more formidable speaker line-up than what we faced in the prelims. I thought our criteria of what best upholds our sense of nation and economic growth was better than the economics-centric benefits vs. detriments, but perhaps it wasn't made explicit enough (albeit mentioned in every speaker after the firsts).

Anyway, when best speaker went to sc, we kind of knew that we had a very slim chance of winning already. (It's like Scout's premonition of Tom Robinson's conviction in TKAM. How a jury never looks at a defendant it has convicted.) Anyway, we congratulated them and took photos again.



Had a long emotional debrief then everyone walked to east coast hawker centre for a sort-of impromptu celebration. And the sec 3s walked together! I remember Shiyun asking us to continue going out together as a batch after we graduate. We packed roti john, sambal stingray, satay, chicken wings, wonton noodles and other snacks before heading to one of the BBQ pits, where our attention was divided between two ginger coloured cats, writing on the sand, and the food.


This cat was being sociable and snatched someone's chicken wing. The hands belong to Ismail and Angeline.


This suspicious kitty decided to keep a distance from us.


Of course, we had to draw in the sand. Everyone has to draw in the sand when we go to the beach! Samantha, Nai Ma, is busy taking the initiative.


The moon was really bright.

We all went home and I took a lift from Miss Siva and her parents. I discovered who her mother was! It was such a surprise, really. I then collapsed on my bed after realizing that I had been debating 7 times in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment