Sunday, August 21, 2011

a long rain

This is the 12th time I am retyping the opening line to this post but nothing really seems to be kickstarting my chain of thoughts tonight. I am alarmed that the routine of work and sleep and bad, bad food is dulling my capacity to critically approach and contemplate my daily experiences. 

After watching my friends get ready for their lives studying abroad, I can't help but feel that a chapter in my life is closing and entering this mythic realm of Memory, where images reside in rosy-hued repositories, catalogued by a mysterious index unknown to my conscious mind still waiting for me to brush off their archival dust when a vaguely familiar sound prompts their urgent retrieval. 

I am tired and in the blur of this long night I am sensing a strange clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment