Friday, August 07, 2009

Carnivorous — III

The cook said: 'Are there any here
who spent their lives in flight?'


The exiles stepped up then, and tore
the goose apart. They turned it upside-down
to pluck the soft meat from its breast
and found a salmon coiled inside,
sealed in a crust of salt.

Michael Symmons Roberts


I can't post any pictures/format my posts without having to manually type in the html tags (such crushing lows I tell you) and will thus post poetry that I've read recently and liked.

I've finished reading the Virgin Suicides today on the train. I'm gonna start on Flaubert's Madame Bovary (whose face is splayed and stretched across the cover and has been staring at me from the shelf which I consigned it to since months ago.)

Oh by the way, Kinokuniya's having a storewide sale. Note to self: shall casually mention this to my dad later.

National Day celebration in TJ was fine. "Special" civics was great fun though – we were waving our flags to the Dim Sum Dollies' Singapore Girl and we watched this hilarious ad for ANA trips to Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment