Sunday, July 03, 2011

sundays (with grapes)


Today I made a belated dinner thing for my mum! Cake: improvised pavlova with yoghurt and grapes.


Soaking porcini after lunch. "Hello!" say my grandma's slippered feet.


Parents returned home from lunch and were excited to let everyone try freshly made kueh from MacPherson.


The television played shows from the 90s where the female protagonist usually has crazy teased hair, purple eyeliner and considers eye-rolling a profoundly minimalist way of expressing contempt.


Then I splashed balsamic vinegar over the grapes and sent them to the furnace.


I cry a little when I smell onions browning in butter.


Adding cream and mushrooms. (I chickened out and bought "light cream" instead. I suck.)


I purchased a jar of white asparagus but they were so phallic-looking that I had to shred them lest my dinner party turns into Conservative Blushfeste 2011.


Shaved fennel is amazing.


Pasta course with roasted grapes.


Cardamom creme anglaise with a cloud of chai meringue floating breezily on its soft custard surface. In the background, the passionfruit are just turning overripe, their skins blistering with the promise of runny sunset colored yolks. Fantastic. 


Pavlova is demolished.


No comments:

Post a Comment