Monday, September 26, 2011

25

Mrs H passed away last Saturday night. Here is a list of some of the many things, both practical and profound, that she had taught me.

  1. How to pronounce tonkotsu when ordering ramen
  2. That the world is filled with possibilities if only I move my lazy ass and look for them
  3. I can find good Italian food at Spizza
  4. That if I don't move my lazy ass to look for possibilities there is still someone caring enough to send  emailers listing these possibilities
  5. How, and why, I shouldn't screw up a debate speech
  6. Humility, and why this is a thing worth cultivating
  7. That cancer isn't a death sentence
  8. That it's not impossible to do what you like as a career
  9. Philly cheesesteaks are good. (This has got to be the the 3rd most understated truth of all time.)
  10. Strength, in its wonderful polysemy

No comments:

Post a Comment