Sunday, September 18, 2011

lonely ampersand is lonely

I know this blog isn't the first thing I turn to when I'm feeling angsty (Joke!) but I feel oddly Blurgh this evening and I don't really know why. It's an absence of that jouissance shit that people get when they feel like they are really hitting that self-realization tier in the hierarchy of needs. In the stolen words of something I saw on twitter, I'm not Van Gogh depressed, just Morrissey depressed. 

I'm kinda sick of hyperreality. Please bring back the Regency Period and good ol' Western Imperialism... I'd rather be colonized by the British than Post-Industrial Proto-Material PRC. I'd rather be colonized explicitly and in name, than coerced into tacit arrangements that hide some secret, dark core. I'm tired of hearing about what's going on in the lives of everyone else I know by the minute, and I miss expecting phone calls on my house phone, teleconferencing, living with less information and more wisdom in general. 

Oh the things I would give to be able to un-know.

No comments:

Post a Comment