Thursday, February 09, 2006

Argh dry feet

Right now, I feel extremely uncomfortable because:
1) I'm sitting on Ikea's most uncomfortable chair ever produced.
2) I'm thirsty and have a longing for ginger ale.
3) My feet look dry and cracked.
4) My feet are dry and cracked.
5) Because they are dry and cracked, they really hurt. I feel that my feet have turned 67 years old while the rest of my body is still fourteen.
6) Tired. Drowsy. After tarvelling to four corners of Singapore in 6? 7? hours.
7) My wrists feel raw from resting them on 10 year old wooden tables.
8) I think I had strained leg muscles while sprinting during P.E.
9) I am rather excited (in an uncomfortable way) for the first prelim round of debate tomorrow. THBT schools sould prohibit students from creating blog websites. The irony of things.

Well. What can I say. I've seen rather disconcerting displays of human behaviour today. By disconcerting, I mean that it confuses one to think that a person can both display positive and negative behaviour, and that a person is usually not totally bad. But sometimes it is out of a selfish desire that brings out the worst in people. Like, for example, how I have seen people beg, steal or snatch food from their peers. These are incidents that take place in first-world, democratic nations, mind you. They have money to buy anything they want, but still want to resort to such annoying means to eat, for example, potato chips or fries.

These are the same people whom I have seen showing appalling levels of disrespect for their teachers or peers, the same people who swear at anything, the same people who make life tough for everyone. However, these are also the same people who balance it out by being nice to you in the end. I hate them for muddling my emotions and opinions all the time. I love them for making my day, sometimes.

Yeah. So today, I went on this afternoon-long trip to Fort Canning, to Changi Prison Museum and then to the Kranji War Memorial. But this shouldn't make me feel obliged to write down every single minute detail of my journey that had me doing lots and lots of messaging to people who need to know things, and saw me going through some soul-searching. ( well, sort of, anyway. )

I have a history test tomorrow.

That makes me feel worse.

I am special and God loves me.

okay. and one more thing.

FINALLY completed Minutes for the committee meeting.

I hope I'll sleep well. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment