Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How I spent my holidays (part 2)

(continued— )

okay i have seem to have forgotten most of the things. So, anyway, there was this 'back to the past' night after that in which we reviewed the stuff we wanted to do, in our own departments.

There was no fire drill!! I could have broke down with relief.

and on the second day I spent most the time in the music room for the course in communication. Then there was Inflenza! And my group came up with this little skit in 3 parts: so there's this spelling test in class that's going on. And the teacher gives words that, basically, are the 5 'C's that we've learnt in the workshop. Later one of the pupils returns home and turns on the TV and Joey and Sherina pops out with the Whatever! gameshow (which is pretty freaky) After they invite people up to play Pass The Message, there's this commercial break in which we parodied that cheesy Visa commercial (the one with the birds giving us luck so more bird=more luck etc.) And it was so funny 'cos we incorporated the 'V' formation of geese thing into the 'ad'. Haha. So it was pretty funny. Really!!

And on the 3rd day (midnight, to be exact) we celebrated Miss Kuck's birthday! With some cake, and Hongyou and Tianrong did some wushu-martial-arts performance which was pretty cool. And I slept at around 2.30am in the end. Reminds me of class chalet where I didn't sleep at all. But anyway, we woke up in the morning later and everything else were basically games. Then I got my tie and handphone and we all went home.


The sad thing was, once I reached home, the first thing (that I could remember) that my parents said was 'pack your bags'. So then it hit me. Yeah, there was church camp right after that. See? My holidays are nothing but camps after camps after camps! And yet I'm still expected to do holiday homework. Gah.

Church camp was pretty fun. My sister and I had a whole suite in the hotel to ourselves so it was kinda like, The Suite Life. Geddit? Haha!

(okay. sorry about that.)

And all our meals were practically buffet after buffet after buffet after buffet after buffet etc.! I think I gained some weight throughout the camp. Woe! Though I my longing for pastries during breakfast was quickly satiated when I saw the bread bar. Although I felt the crossaints were too stale and the chocolate danish weren't chocolatey-danishy enough. But my favouite dish was the beef with chilli which had quite complex flavours and the chilli was, thankfully, chilli enough for me. One gripe though—they served unearthly portions of keropok for every lunch and dinner buffet and just to think of all that cholesterol in them makes my arteries start to clog. (ok. well, not really. I love keropok.)

The hotel resort is called Holiday Villas, Subang, by the way, and I guess it would have been quite a chic place maybe 10 years ago, but could retain its posh-factor if there proper maintainance. The wallpaper in my room was a little faded and starting to yellow in some corners, and seriously, publicity for their restaurant was at least 9 years old. But all the more, I think their service makes up for this lack of maintainance because there were 2 church camps being held simultaniously and all the rooms were full, but they could still do our meals and get stuff done, like fixing the plumbing. heh. And someone discovered that they had literally engraved my church initials on the cutlery, which was truly personalized service. Cool eh.

But the resort is amazingly huge. I had to change 3 lifts on the first day just to get from the ballroom for dining to my room on the 15th floor.

But enough about the hotel. The camp itself was very meaningful, that while doing the letters of John that was rarely done, I'm reminded of God's sovereignity over what seems like random incidents that happen to us. Plus, throughout the camp I've talked to many people that I hardly talk to on Sundays. Perhaps the fun-nest activity was playing Polar Bear at Club 1602. It was so crazy! But fun. And yes, there was bowling as well and I think the bowling balls are all conspiring against me. Grr bowling balls.

After the church camp, my family went to KL, mainly to shop and eat. (but still more of eating.) There is this feeling of disappointment that I only bought 2 tops and 2 bottoms but still, at least it's something. And I'm glad. We stayed at The Federal which was a rather vintage hotel because it was as old as my father and he stayed there when he went in 1960 with my grandparents. And there was Discovery Channel there! And I love their breakfast buffet. The crossaints were more crossaint shaped and were oh-so-wonderfully fresh. But I loved the Custard Danish too that had glaze that shone under the light. Yum.

And yesterday I had choir meeting which was a whole-day affair and today I went to SYFC for fun and games and movies with Mingting, Alanna, Zuyao and Minghao. But I have to mention that my parents' new bed and mattress arrived today it's so amazingly cosy and comfortable that I could cry! But it has to be—i could have bought a new iMac AND still have leftovers for an iPod and a big meal at nydc with the amount of money they paid for it. Grr. I'll miss the old bed though— I've been using it as a trampoline, house, padded room, playpen, daybed, dumpster for beanie babies and vintage make-believe Beetle since 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment