Monday, June 19, 2006

How I spent my holidays (part 6)

I'm quite happy.
Well, actually rather irked at first, because my mum found a box of old photographs while tidying and organizing the storeroom and there were photographs of my parents' trip to the UK nearly 20 years ago. And I'm still sore about having to miss the UK trip that everyone is at right now. (It's only 2 PM there now. I envy them for the extra time that they've gained.)
But I'm happy because they are thinking of (ergo: considering) going to the UK at the end of the year. With us. Like a backpacking trip. Isn't that cool? But frankly I'd feel safer if we stayed in a hotel like the Savoy but, you know, with the exchange rates and all, a Bed & Breakfast might be a better alternative. Actually as I type this, I'm rather looking forward to it. Not like it's super-confirmed or anything but still—they're considering. There's some glimmer of hope in there!

I went back to school at 7.30 AM today for choir meeting and then choir practice. Sadly there wasn't much improvement on the SYF song and you-know-what happened and I felt so frustrated (and ripping out some people's throats and vocal cords, but nevermind). Then, we combined after sectionals and we managed to learn for some more bars. Now the thing I'm most worried about is whether the choir will be able to remember what they've learnt. Okay, at least I see some attitudes improving, but it's true that there isn't much of a sense of urgency in the air. Which ain't good.

Sometimes I wonder whether I could look back and read this blog post a year later. Because then I'd either laugh because hey everything's over and we got a gold with honours, or feel a sense of guilt by not sustaining the Gold we got last year.

I feel so burdened by this overwhelming feeling of anxiety and frustration! Well, it's all in His hands I guess.

Anyway I've included a link to a French and Saunders clip that really, really cracked me up. But it wasn't embeddable so it can't appear in my blog... dang.

And by the way, happy birthday, Ken Ming! 15 is such cool number because its factors are 1, 3, 5 and 15, and it's a quarter of an hour. And it feels quite perfect too. I should stop here, I'm starting to ramble.

edit- the link isn't showing! Grrr! so here it is: French and Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment