Sunday, September 17, 2006

Easy-peasy French Cooking

I decided to make a Rather French-ishyesque Dinner today. And I had no idea it was so simple! All I had to do was caramelized some onions, boil spaghetti and pour white pasta sauce (albeit with Japanese mushrooms and bacon) and serve. Interestingly, I decided to heat up some chicken pieces with cheese over them just in case the spaghetti didn't turn out well. (It was kinda like the first time I was cooking spaghetti, you see).

I love onions!

I've been rather interested in cooking these days, I realize. Especially after the Home Econs SA1 Practical incident in which my butter cookies went very wrong at first but really delicious in the end (due to the over-use of butter and frantic adding-of brandy to the initially slimy and horribly oily dough). Sandwiching them with generous spreads of Dulce De Leche squished in-between them only added to the risk of heart-disease from one piece. (I mean, double the butter and brandy mixture with caramelized condensed milk.) Health nuts, diabetics and the cholestrol-conscious would all probably squirm with disgust by now, but I'm beginning to dismiss the oxymoron of 'healthy and delicious' cooking. Because delicious food isn't possible without even the remotest trace of fat or cholestrol, so probably the solution to get around this is to eat a really cold salad consisting of celery, with all that negative calories. And perhaps, a cube of cheese or two?

Besides, cooking takes my mind away from conspiracy theories, darker and hidden agendas, and issues concerning the socially-challenged inevitably blamed for being outcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment