Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday

I'm still recovering from a morning stuck in a web of fickle and messy ideas of my routine. My idea of a packed day: lunch with family then visit library. But then I had a change of plan so it was: lunch with family then go with mum to church. But then again, Esther was complaining about not having anyone to talk to as she walked along the corridoors of J8, lonely, in search of her friends, so: lunch with family then go with sister to Junction 8 then take bus to church to meet mum.

Then during lunch, we decided to go to BBC nearby. So: lunch, then visit BBC, then go to J8, then go to church.

And finally to lay the final sticky strand of silk to tangle myself in a near-cocoon of confusion, someone gave us a lift home in a cool new van, leaving me too confused to one further. End of day. Do you rest in peace, my dear Friday routine! You started off well enough, reached your peak, but fell swiftly before you even materialized. May I spend the remains of your illusions of enthusiasm on making dinner for everyone, albeit having to endure an afternoon sated with ennui.

I think I'm going mad; no one blogs about the death of one's plans.

Anyhow, since I have nothing to report or ramble on about, I'll blog about my sister's happiness.
She has been accepted into Xinmin and Zhonghua (just that interview to get past) via DSA! But more importantly, she's just watched The Devil Wears Prada and really loved it. Cuz she broke into a babble of Singlish (that was a behaviour most unlike her) and enthused, 'it was so nice lor!'
So, should I be paying twenty-something to read the book, eight/nine/ten dollars on the movie, or 30-something for the DVD? Esther's enthusiasm is a tad too contagious.

And, before I forget, it's Vera's birthday today! Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment