Saturday, March 15, 2008

as long as I have music




You'll probably not feel much when you look at these pictures. But to me, they represent a precious part of my final year in Xinmin, and how much everyone has grown. When I look at the others from my batch, sometimes all I think of is, wow, we're already sec 4. Like when mingting, gwen and I sat in the AVA room in the darkness, just sitting around and talking for close to 45 minutes, I felt the vestigial bond from our sec 1 Perth trip overwhelm me. The darkness, the cool air, the enjoyment of each other's company — I find comfort in savoring these moments and their poignancy when I soon start to long to live them out again.

Choir camp last week was great. There was lots of fruition and bonding that at some points I wanted to hug every single member that I saw. And then there were times I wanted to pick every key from the piano and fling them at some just to wake them up.

I think I've learnt a lot. And I owe that to many people as well, especially to my committee members who had to sit through the nocturnal debriefs and preparations during the unearthly witching hours, and whom I obviously irked by holding seemingly random meetings to clarify stuff. I've experienced for myself how we can never make decisions in a vacuum, because the schedules of all the CCAs having their camps at the same time started to get interlinked with each other, like how the choir guys were chased out of the showers by the ncc, which, in retrospect, is actually quite a laughable occurrence. And wow, the media did so much for us by getting loudspeakers and spongey balls for captain's ball for us. I could go on to talk about how table tennis helped out with clearing some of the trash, and how ncc extended their nightwalk to choir, and how the understood our reasons for pulling out of the campfire on the 2nd night, but 夜幕低垂,纸短情长, 我该停笔了。<--- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment