Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What I've been doing:



Sometimes, even I surprise myself :)

Brothers' Retreat:



We did a little backpacking around Changi and Ubin and then to Tampines Quarry Park.

I'm such a sucker for sentimentality - after dinner with Mrs Ho, Lucas and the debaters, I decided to walk home instead of taking the bus because the weather was amazing, and because I'll never be in secondary school again flitting between debate and choir and dying the process.

My green tea turned cold after the long chat we had at Ichiban sushi, but in-between swirling the matcha powder that settled to the bottom of the cup and absently sipping my tepid tea, I remembered all the cool and useful information that Mrs Ho often imparted on us during the debate years. Suddenly, Singapore felt more like a village by the sea when compared to the psuedo-adventures that one could have abroad, and once again that desperation to get away to some distant land reared its complaint-spouting head.

Perhaps I've been born and dictated by fate to be a traveler; a sojourner; a Cain for our times. It's not like I have no place to call home, it's just that I think that home can be found almost everywhere and take comfort in that.


*moment of cheese*


Hey but seriously guys, I want to take some time off to get out of the country! It's driving me nuts. The thought of having to spend my days in Singapore for the next few years is giving me neurosis. Feel my desperation.

Anyway, studying in AMK library brought back (surprisingly) fond memories of revising for O levels too, such as going to the toilet and getting distracted by library books along the way. I think the perfect studying place for me would be a transparent cube with a table and chair in the middle of the room that would only release me once I can regurgitate facts sufficiently to let me out, other wise I'll never get anything done.

I'll conclude by saying how irked I am for forgetting to buy cream cheese from the supermarket for the polenta I'm supposed to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment