Tuesday, April 27, 2010

fish underwater

I was reorganizing my room when I stumbled upon a diary I kept in P5 detailing the joys and sorrows of being a tween in 2003. Priceless!

I love this entry:
"Dear Diary, I feel very poorly today. And my head really hurts. I am now writing with my new Parker pen... and it's a fountain pen! I really < 3 the ink. My grandpa bought it for my (sic) because I got 3rd in class! And it came with a really stylish leather carrying case."

Here is another classic:
"Hi Di! The days r getting a little cooler, the clothes r a little more difficult to dry."

And as an echo of a familiar past:
"Today I cut my hair. Not really sensational news but I really miss having messy hair. My mum made me do it. As usual. IT WAS MY HAIR! So not fair! During the hair cut *rolls eyes* I nearly cried. Never have I been so emotional IN MY LIFE! But I didn't cry though. And nobody knew how much I was suffering! I'm NEVER going to let that happen to my child – who will be adopted."

There were some very sad things too, like the time my uncle passed away or my grandmother had an near-fatal existential crisis. These were, however, downplayed tremendously by my preoccupation with Neopet updates and how much life
"sux". I was such a prodigiously eloquent child.

No comments:

Post a Comment