Sunday, August 01, 2010

autumn sweater

Today, my sister and I decided to pretend that we weren't taking O/A levels this year: we hopped from shop to shop along Ann Siang Hill and indulged in all that is painfully hip and beautiful. Booksactually brought in Made-In-China toy pianos! I am very tempted to get one. (After its period of novelty expires, I will use it to prop my laptop up on the desk.) I've bought a Barthes reader and a collection of Susan Sontag's last essays. Did I mention I have a geeky crush on Sontag? It's a pity she's no longer alive.

In other news, drafts for Lit and KI ISes are done! (Perhaps not so for lit - but hey at least I have 3000 words in there. We all need to start somewhere, I guess.) Unfortunately, I now think that On The Road is a tad overrated. The last thing I want on the cover of my book is Bono/Bob Dylan/another other folk/rock icon saying how "reading On The Road will change your life". It did not change my life. Images of dysentery are also most un-charming.

Anyway, the weather today is amazing: perpetual light rain, cold breezes and cajun chicken in the oven. I ascended the stairway to xiaolongbao heaven for lunch and was left in a state of rapture that lasted for about two hours. Additionally, I am also wearing the most amazing pair of slacks, but that's purely incidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment