Tuesday, August 31, 2010

what we hide

Teachers' Day is one of my favourite social constructs. You can suspend the respectful distance between tutor and student to partake in the festivities of the day, while paradoxically celebrating that distance in doing so. It's weird. (In special instances, no one actually involves their teachers in the celebrations.) Occasionally, you get to eat things, play some games, mingle with people, meet old friends, laugh at the performances - all in good fun. Happy happy happy. It's like the NDP.

Because the KI tutors probably don't bother looking for my blog, I can safely write here about how stoked I am about Thursday's surprise tea session. Earlier I went hunting for assorted biscuits from M & S (after meeting Andrea and Serene at Starbucks, a leitmotif appearing frequently within our lives to anchor our volatile realities to a sanity-preserving constant,) only to discover that they weren't within my budget. I bought other lovely tea things to nibble on, anyway.

As if the three hour history timed practice didn't take a toll on my sense of self-worth and Will To Live, I went to run and I now feel healthier and holier-than-thou at the moment. While running, I decided that people suck but I love them anyway because we're all people too. It's true but it's cornaaayyyyye.

In other news, my ISes are starting to feel more corporeal, more palpable. For starters, I have approved drafts out, with nice typography for my cover pages! (gleeful) It's like the third trimester of pregnancy - I can feel the ideas "kick" at me with the joy of cohesion and clarity when I read them. Sometimes they speak to me. I still get sick in the morning when I think of them, but it's always the bundle of joy at the end of the tunnel that keeps me going. In this case, I'll be expecting twins. Fraternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment