Monday, December 04, 2006

I wish I lived in Paris...

... because look at all the desserts!

(I'm starting to sound lame, whatever.)

Darn page's in French and I don't know how to switch it to English so I'll have to make do with looking at the pretty macaroons and eclairs.

Which (somewhat) reminds me of the disaster-dinner I cooked yesterday. Which was supposed to be a New Orleans style gumbo chicken stew but my family didn't know what gumbo was or whether we should eat it with a spoon or with chopsticks like a porridge. But it was nice, anyway.

However, stupidly enough, I tried making a stacked salad with olives and avocado but didn't press down on it hard enough for it to mould into the shape I wanted and my mum thought it looked very lo hei, with the purple cabbage and stuff.

And after reading too many food blogs I've rather subconsciously imposed expectations on my dinner later, followed by the Three concert at the esplanade!

By the way, My Big Fat Greek Wedding's a really good movie. It's free of those cheesy Hollywood scripting that I've had enough of after watching My Super Ex Girlfriend and their, well, lame, connotations. And it's not art housey enough to impose ideas by way of melodramatic lighting and sad, provocative endings that often leave one disturbed and without anymore faith in humanity. After Pride and Prejudice and MBFGW, I'm starting to find hope in 21st century cinema again! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment