Sunday, September 14, 2008

everything

I have had such an unproductive weekend and I cannot for the life of me concentrate when my grandfather's coughing and wheezing resounds as ominously as a tolling church bell (another sign of my morbidity and preoccupation with death) and when the air is so humid I feel submerged underwater all the time and when there is no comfortable spot currently in the house where I can finally hear myself think.

Anyway, I'm doing a little photo project on the things I notice while returning home from school.






And my dad bought salted caramels from Fauchon at the basement in Takashimaya! All of us agreed that this tops the usual marks and spencer ones that can get a little hard and sticky at times. These were really soft and creamy, though I wouldn't say gooey because it doesn't stick all over your teeth. Rather, It was pleasantly malleable. And after the first few moments of buttery-caramel ecstasy, you hit the first few salty notes from the fleur de sel, which will send you into rapture.




I'm pretty stoked about finding out about their caramels, because Fauchon is to eclairs as Pierre Herme is to macarons, and hence there is a quality associated with these quaint and established Parisian patisseries. At around $12 after discount for a box of 18, it isn't exactly something I'll be buying on a regular basis, but for a quality beyond the usual supermarket fare, it's worth every single penny.

Also, I really enjoyed the dinner outing with Andrea, Mingting, Angeline and Shiyun at cafe cartel last Friday! I was looking forward to it all week, daydreaming during champions! day, during maths mocks etc.
I guess I really really miss working together as a team now, and especially so because everyone's on slightly different paths now. But I look forward most when these paths converge :) And for the record, we've resigned to using the borders voucher for Shiyun's baby shower gift at the rate that we're going.

No comments:

Post a Comment