Tuesday, September 02, 2008

swirling in cream

I've just returned home from watching wall-e with elizabeth! It is exponentially more appealing than the clone wars. Ha.
On a sliding scale of Pixar movies, it's in the same league as The Incredibles, and better than last year's Ratatouille. At least, I've never gone misty-eyed as a result of watching robots holding hands to tunes that seem to come from a crackly old transistor radio (in actuality, it was a grimy iPod nano. I guess in years to come, that could translate to a kind of romanticism for people like us).
Anyway, I read that the designer of Eva also designed the iPod, hence the similar aesthetic.
The first thing that came to mind when I saw the grotesquely and morbidly obese people was their striking resemblance to jelly beans. In a way, there was a quietly terrifying moment when human beings turned out grossly distended and were revealed to have lost much of their bone mass. I have to stop here or else I'll end up spoiling a perfectly good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment