Saturday, October 17, 2009

but we're all alive tonight

I think PW exists solely as a sort of morbid joke solely for the purpose of injecting a little ironic humour for the post-promo period.

Person A and Person B are walking down the stairs balancing sweaters and random articles of stationery in their arms.
Person A: Promos are over! Over over overrrrr!
Person B: Can't wait to start on my OP now!

Cue canned laughter.

Anyway, now that the papers are over, the Weekend of Selfish Pursuits is going full steam ahead. Immediately after choir on Friday, I went for an art gallery opening replete with artists and the rest of the arty ilk who held plastic cups of punch with the practised bend of an elbow while disinterestedly contemplating the significant forms on display. Later on, I pigged out on a double cheeseburger and fries with Zhiyuan and Tate. Together, we formed a trinity of disgrace to the millennia of Chinese culture and language over greasy trays of truly abysmal excuses for a proper and sustainable diet. It's like Sex and the CIty for the younger, stubbornly monolingual and hopelessly geeky set.

However, the highlight of the week has to be the Tatami Mat Film Festival organised by Esther and me for Esther and me. It consisted of laying tatami mats and pillows on the floor of our bedroom and watching Juno in the dark, while reciting every line in the movie. It was so much fun! Next time we'll hold a David Attenborough Slumber Party in which we'll attempt to watch all his documentries, or perhaps a Daria Gala Dinner when my parents are gone, when we'll order pizza AND watch cartoon characters eat pizza on screen.

Surprisingly, even after a late night, I awoke at 7 am and had a nice breakfast of yoghurt, grapes and whole grains.


I'm still recovering from the night out in Chinatown, but my trauma has spawned a side-project that I'm really excited about committing to. *Glee*

Tomorrow I will brave the crowds at the Singapore Flyer while trying to get my hands on my race pack, and then watch 500 Days of Summer and eat my first post-promo macaron. In-between waiting for joyful things to happen, I will read more Bukowski and massage Prickly Heat powder into my sore and aching writing joints. I am so thankful for this break.

No comments:

Post a Comment