Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This week has been crawling by so darned slowly like Samara in The Ring. Anyway, my results leave much to be desired, although I am relieved that I can take up H3 Lit and keep my 4H2s (depending on whether or not my Econs is a pass or a fail... this is the only part which terrifies me.)

Today sucked: it's as if I had clocked up a sanity debt during the previous weeks and I now have to repay all the periods of blissing out and calm that I was so enjoying, interest compounded hourly. Yesterday was a big cryfeste for everyone, and I am still not regretting my decision to spend 10 bucks on a chocolate stash and tissue paper. Today, the class was *this* close to beating up a certain Man In Our Life. (Ladies: I apologize on behalf of all males, both dead and alive. Not all of us are jerks. We need a masculine response to feminist literature.) Somehow, I managed to walk out of double period chinese with a slight bounce in my footsteps and a flutter in my heart. Kidding.

We have a major holiday assignment for international history. It is so important, our lecturer spent an entire lecture period briefing us on the task requirements and prophesying the nightmares to come. UN debates from the days of yore are coming in very handy now!

I'm in the process of thinking of a research topic to propose to my tutors (both for Lit and KI). Ideas include: The Romanticization of Plath - High schoolers and Confessionalism; Beat Poetry - the evolution and devolution of the hipster aesthetic; An Exploration into the Gender Binarism of Peter and Jane; Obituary Poets and Eurocentrism in the Literature of War; The Teenage Psyche - An exploration into insipid Written Reports and their Freudian readings; The Relevance of Literary Criticism in Chick Lit and its Sub-genres; Lost in Translation - the humour, wit and wisdom in Chinglish and other modern non-native Englishes.

I will never find anything. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment