Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March is cud

So objectively speaking, I've Been Through A Lot during my time in JC and years from now I will continue to look back and marvel at the number of things that have transpired within two very short years.

Anyway I'll be taking over the reigns of Keeper of the Kitchen now that my mum is starting chemotherapy tomorrow and my grandmother is, in age, becoming less perceptive. The household will now be incorporating 3 servings of whole grains everyday (yes dad - learn to love cous cous before you get sick of brown rice), saturated fats will only make guest appearances at the dinner table (ah kong: you're not supposed to be eating copious amounts of butter at your age anyway) and we will all enjoy wholesome foods not containing preservatives or chemical additives (dear grandma, powdered soup will now be banished from your culinary vocabulary). This event has unleashed the inner Mark Bittman in me, after feeding it episode after episode of The Minimalist and vegan cooking podcasts.

Tomorrow: literature. I'm going to do groceries in the morning (talk about filling gaps that cross the gender divide) while listening to Julie Ruin (third wave feminism ftw).

I'm having visions of making homemade nut milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment