Monday, March 22, 2010

March is mud

Hello everyone, thanks for your kind words and prayers :) Not exactly sure what's going on now, but apparently lung cancer in non-smokers is linked to a gene ergo guess I'm a cancer risk too. Would write more but market failure beckons!

Also, KI and International History today were disasters and I can picture my tutors reading my scripts with their eyes widening in shock, spilling their coffee/coke all over my paper, tearing it in front of me when they give it back, calling my parents, consigning me to the corner of shame for the rest of my academic life, writing letters of warning to prospective employers, burning my SGC in front of my eyes etc. etc. But at least I didn't give up and run out of the exam venue wailing in a dramatic manner a la channel 8 family tragedies.

Anyway if you haven't heard, Alex Chilton of Big Star died. I like Big Star. I listened to Thirteen all the time during the Gilmore Girls phase that I went through, in which I made up my mind to move to a town like Stars Hollow and make my kid attend Yale and fantasize about rebelling against my rich domineering parents all the time. Yeah. I loved the soundtrack tho'.



This is in memorial of Alex Chilton, whose voice has been stuck in my head for the past few years and continues provide the music for the photo album-slideshows of my daydreams. You're an extremely cool person if you like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment