Monday, March 08, 2010

March is fun

I think this blog might die a natural death soon (just like how people and animals usually die of old age) — there's a little too much on my plate at the moment and I might choke on something too large for me to swallow. But enough with food metaphors, it feels like I'm always knee-deep in a pool of excrement. Not a pleasant feeling I've got to admit, but I'll just bite the proverbial bullet and deal with the mediocrity one steaming turd at a time.

Anyway, in-between the Crappy Constants in my life, some actually interesting and meaningful things have occurred! For one, I have passed H1 Chinese, ergo I don't have to take it anymore and this makes me one step closer to forgetting how to write my Chinese name. Also, Lit Night 2010 was wonderful, despite me missing the middle bits because of choir practice. I had fun being one half of The Jambu Daddies with Bertram and singing and reciting bad songs and poetry, and then pigging out on chicken pie. And, we're learning our last Poland Tour piece in choir, which is a nice song incorporating a poem by D.H. Lawrence. The journey is arduous but we'll soon find that it was worth the tears. (But let's not go into the problem of certainty shall we.) I'm also glad for the short Sanity Outing to Ion with sassy bitch Jamie (I mean that in affectionate terms of course) and I hope she finds her sassy gay friend soon!

Speaking of sassy gay friends,



Lists

DVDs to get (before the June holidays)
1. Where The Wild Things Are (I still hold a grudge against GV)
2. The Virgin Suicides
3. The Diving-Bell and the Butterfly
4. Persepolis
5. Not really a DVD, but THIS FILM BY MY HIPSTER IDOL, SPIKE JONZE:


Things to bake:
1. That cookie dough log I that's still in my fridge
2. Vampire cupcakes (in preparation for Halloween and the exam madness that will fill the air)
3. Compost Cookies
4. Hamanstaschen
5. Cookie Dough Cupcakes (for bribes)

Words I like:
1. thrush
2. ascent
3. sententious
4. crumb
5. Kahlua

Books I bought because of their cover:
1. The Secret History by Donna Tartt (that I am now enjoying)
2. The Invisible Hand by Adam Smith
3. The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing
4. The Complete Saki by Saki (has an awesome green cover with a frightening red face staring back with stuck-out tongue)
5. Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively

Songs I listen to that make me feel smug about my music choices:
1. Elliott Smith, who is like the David Foster Wallace figure of the indie rock scene.
2. The entire album 69 Love Songs by The Magnetic Fields
3. Mazzy Star and now, Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions
4. Songs from Painful and I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One by Yo La Tengo
5. Listening to Rocketship during thunderstorms, but of course this might never happen now.

Favourite MRT stations:
1. Changi Airport
2. Kembangan
3. The Old Bishan Station which still exists in my childhood recollections
4. Tanah Merah
5. Raffles Place

No comments:

Post a Comment