Saturday, September 04, 2010

points of departure

I need to get out of this country, the city's wearing me thin.

Again, it's not like I have no desire to have a relationship with God; it's just that I no longer feel comfortable in an overbearingly communal setting that imposes all these expectations.

Also, am tired of patriarchy even though I partake in it.

I'm thankful for being more-or-less non-denominational.

If religion entails ritual, I'd hate to be religious.

I disagree with Anne Rice on most counts, but her resistance towards any form of categorisation is understandable.

The holy huddle we are caught up in is pretty much alienating.

I have realised that it's not faith if it entails dogmatically rejecting everything that runs contrary to your beliefs.

I guess I'm confused and searching for answers that might be difficult to swallow, and Thank You for your kindness and concern, but ultimately this journey is personal, and usually a good thing. Kind of like a non-issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment