Friday, September 24, 2010

there's dust in your mouth and poems in the air

This morning, I tried to ward off an existential crisis through the act of creation. I made baba ghanoush and very rustic oregano flatbread for brunch. What's baba ghanoush, you may ask, and why is it grey and lumpy? Besides being the name of my future grey tabby, (along with Smiley Muffin and Smooches DeLuca my other two feline minions), baba ghanoush is a Middle Eastern dish made with mashed roasted eggplant, garlic and tahini. Since my dad came home yesterday with the Greek yoghurt my sister seemed crazy about, I added that in too for good measure. It's a little lumpy because I couldn't be arsed to haul out a food processor, and it's grey because I used unhulled tahini from the health foods section of some glitzy upper middle class grocery place. 


In other news, I am spending an inordinate proportion of my allowance on books. That I will actually read. Good/Bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment