Thursday, October 14, 2010

notes

  1. I want to write about one of the two important things that happened today involving a life jet-setting around the world being BFFs to leaders everywhere and living in a manhattan loft while writing brilliant research papers (this is, of course a grossly over-romanticised view), but bearing in mind the lack of privacy this blog affords, I'd rather not blurt. You can ask me in person. It was so nice talking to everyone, though! Also: thank you, J for supporting me at the starbucks base camp!* While waiting, I wished A and S were present too, but oh well, such is the way the cookie crumbles. (I think: I wonder what flavour this metaphorical cookie is. I also recall: Quiznos has mind-blowing, life-changing cookies that you must eat.) 
  2. The other important thing: MY GRAMPS IS BACK, I MISSED/LOVE HIM SO. Thank God he recovered well, but now he's more frail and doesn't speak much. I want my father to get a new TV for him. I would forgo my iPhone 4 (as if that has crossed my parents' minds!) for that. Once, a very long time ago, I wept at a silly memory of him bringing me to kindergarten and entertaining my classmate. 
  3. I'm going to bake a carrot cake with my DG on Saturday! I hope it turns out edible. I also hope it will be a good-looker.
  4. NYT - The Frisbee of Art — ellipses are everywhere. This is worth a read.
  5. I HAS STARBUCKS CARD!
  6. Now reading: Rilke, Tagore, Sontag. Will move on to Kafka by next week. 
  7. My sister's reading Off Centre by Haresh Sharma for Lit. It's a play that is tremendous and overwhelming, while speaking in the language and vocabularies of the underclass and the marginalised. I hope they stage it again!




*I shall refer to my friends by their initials because it's so classy, like in espionage movies. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment