Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Liz Lemon! I love you!

Of late:

I have been staying up till 2 a.m. watching 30 Rock and SNL episodes and eating kimchi directly from the container. Yes, I do have a personal kimchi pot. No, I will not spare you any. And no, I do not have a kimchi problem. This offends me.

Also, It's JaBaWeBuAcEvWeCaBeBaWeItDeOnTheInAyeGuess! (January Baking Week But Actually Every Week Can Be Baking Week It Depends On The Individual I Guess) The opening ceremony was held yesterday, featuring the spanking out of the reborn version of lemon poppyseed N from his two loaf pans. Other random and fragmented dispatches: J is meticulous — a quality that will reap plenty more baking successes. E tasted the cake and pronounced it good. Domestic Saint P approved of it, especially with afternoon tea. Grandparents loved it; exceeded expected quantity of consumption because of lack of knowledge that 9 eggs went into it. Parents adored it. Personally, this experience has prompted me to investigate other possible ways to prevent poppyseeds from sinking to the bottom of the cake batter. It forms a pretty gradient effect though, making it at once photogenic and delicious. 

Unfortunately, the sudden disappearance of the whisk attachments for my handheld mixer (povo Kitchenaid) has ruined my plans for a giant pavlova. I am somewhat shaken, but JaBaWeBuAcEvWeCaBeBaWeItDeOnTheInAyeGuess has also taught me resilience in the face of disaster and tragedy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment