Sunday, July 15, 2007

Passive-aggressive is such a dirty word

They say that people who look alike will tend to gravitate towards each other (a la the Becks-Posh complex).
Someone said that in Sec 3, your friends will start trying to appear more mature to the point where you don't really know them anymore.
I can't even tell who's genuine anymore.

Puh-lease. You don't think I'm going to burst into an emo tyrade of supposed injustice towards mankind, do you? ;)

Anyway, I have been thinking about the relevance of TKAM in our lives, and I see the recurring theme of Growing Up in everyone. I've never thought how 'stepping into other people's shoes' would make things so poignant and somewhat reassuring to me, and how odd that I've seemed to grow closer towards Scout and Jem throughout the course of my studying of the novel.

So, it pains me to see how judgmental and unforgiving some people can be. Can't I be a beacon of light that exclaims in the midst of their mad, passion-driven diatribes to stop and see things from their point of view?

No comments:

Post a Comment