Thursday, May 08, 2008

hyacinth

This is most peculiar. I'm pissed with someone 5.25 times my age, who has force-fed me cereals and honey and cod liver oil as a child, and is now force-feeding me with extra scoops of rice during dinner. I'm pissed because despite the fact that she had just recovered from a semi-serious illness last month, she still demanded Ben & Jerry's ONE cheesecake brownie (which tasted, like, bleah, by the way), and is now coughing away again to the point of regurgitation.

Seriously, whenever I receive a call and my parents' names are on caller ID, I cannot help but expect the worst, because a) I live with people above the average age expectancy and b) everyone around me is falling sick. Being very pragmatic, I'm also weary of close ones who fall seriously ill because obviously it's going to affect me, like how ___ decided to ___ 2 years ago, thereby dampening my holiday mood. And especially so with O levels becoming the ubiquitous excuse for missing out on any remotest trace of fun possible, I just want to go through the motion of living a life right now. Stable, uneventful, subdued, routine, etc. etc. etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment