Sunday, May 04, 2008

making zub zub?!

I'm not really in the mood for blogging, so I'm starting off with whatever sentence that comes to my mind:

Fell sick a few days ago; recovered in time for physics SPA tomorrow.
It's on waves! Not electricity. I don't like electricity, especially the horrid, insipid and vapid practical that, as Andrea and Angeline can testify to (because they were taking it at the same lab), I did not enjoy the least bit. And later, I did another practical with my class and the table and graph really confused me, because I'm so used to using the equation V=RI for graph rather than I=V/R and it was annoying and distracting.

Also, I missed my reciprocal birthday!! It fell on Labour Day and and I was too preoccupied with wondering what May Day was all about and making matcha cookies that it totally slipped my mind! As you can guess, I'm not stoked about that.

Anyway, I was "chillin'", and watching Sesame Street's Monsterpiece Theatre on Youtube and it really cracked me up. (You should also note how difficult it is to amuse me, since much of comedy these days feel too contrived to really sound funny.) My favourite is Grover acting in The Sound of Music.



I'm also reading i: six nonlectures by e e cummings, which is an "aesthetic self-portrait" of his stance as a writer, in this case, his lowercase 'i' persona. Personally, and very truthfully, I was only attracted to this book because of its orange and grey cover. It's not as if I, by some sudden afflatus, decided to devote my entire life to study his personality; rather, after analysing his poem—in Just—for literature last year, I found his personality and writing style intriguing and fresh, albeit its age.

Okay, and also, shame on me for not reading more Chinese materials. But really, intensive revision of Chinese last week had taken its toll on my grip on English. I'll have to neutralise it like, once every five days, before I become cheena and go around spouting random idioms in a strange grades-induced hysteria.

(And Limin demanded that I give her the recipe for the matcha cookies.Here it is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment