Monday, February 02, 2009

I'm back from the first day of orientation! At least our talks only lasted part of the morning... and was interspersed with cheering sessions to keep us from freezing in time within the cryogenic chamber that is the auditorium. I think I was fortunate enough to be seated at the back row against the felt wall panelling that trapped enough heat to keep myself remotely warm, somewhat.

I've met many other people, and finally got to talk to someone who's also interested in Ivy League colleges to get away from all the banality in Singapore! Most of the people seem nice so far; some are a little bitchy in a not-so-funny way that it pains me to see them try so hard all the time. Well, I got past sitting for the KI aptitude test this afternoon too — hopefully I'll see some favourable results pinned up on the staff room notice board tomorrow.

Anyway re: my repeated failures in achieving a certain childhood dream, I'd prefer not to talk about it anymore. Yes it was freaking saddening when the finality of it all sunk into me while on the train today (while contemplating the injustice of it all when 20-pointers from supposedly more prestigious schools could get in using their CCAs, but evidently with less than half of their aggregates I still can't), but there are more important and worthwhile issues at hand to busy myself with! Such as my PDP choices ("no we don't call them CCAs in our school, they're called PDPs")!

However when doing school cheers, something in me tells me that the words I squeeze out of myself are all half-hearted and lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment