Monday, April 20, 2009

chaos, melodrama and tea biscuits

I missed the last two-thirds of school today because I was sick. (Or as Jamie would put it, sick of school. Which is so true, and it surprises me that there hasn't occurred any tragic case of severe backlash/violence yet from years in our oppressive learning environment.)

I reached home and decided that I really like my living room in its charming disarray and laid-back vibe.

And for a good and solid 6 hours, I briefly forgot my roles in society while having buttered white bread and strawberry jam (from the breakfasts of childhood) for lunch, which was then followed by a nice nap far away from my handphone in the sultriness of the afternoon.

In the evening, I watched the malignancy of purple shadows washing away the orange on the ceiling, and wondered for a second that should the light detach itself from the penumbra of a dying day to drip down on me, I could live in this moment forever and feel at peace with everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment