Sunday, May 31, 2009

holidays, mango lassi and contemplating with Plath

Have I already declared my undying love for Nick and the Candlestick by Sylvia Plath? The more I think of the foetal fragility of Nicholas Hughes as the "miner", the more visceral the appeal of the poem to me. I want to print a billboard-sized edition of the poem and camp in it.

Anyway I've finally dragged my ass down to Kinokuniya this afternoon to get a copy of Plath's Ariel and shall read depressing poems at night and cry myself to sleep, eventually cutting connections from the outside world and gassing myself. NOT.

CAP starts tomorrow! I've been waiting for this moment since sec 2 okay! I'm not sure what I'm in for but the councillors were going on and on about how it changes your life but I being the commitment-phobe am somewhat defensive still about emerging out of NUS on Friday with a new identity as Poet and CAPper but more preeminently CAPper.

I shall leave you guys with the Maryam show from the days of yore. Starring my Lit tutors! It so rocks. I actually laughed really hard. They have hit serious comic gold. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment