Tuesday, May 05, 2009

won't you take me to funkytown



I enjoyed every moment of it, from the nervous tingle at the start to the goosebumps I got during Os Justi to the last few bars of Tanchame when everything fitted together beautifully and I felt great about being in a choir that was truly brilliant and sincere to our music.

We weren't given a gold medal based on their standards, but this does not negate the fact that we've been the best choir we could be for those fifteen minutes on stage. We were awesome, and this is not denial speaking—it's easy to tell whether you have done your best by the first reaction you get when you step off stage, out of the spotlights. Today I was beaming when we stepped down, because I felt that our music was constantly being made fresh, everything we rehearsed for was nicely put in place, and I actually had fun singing for SYF.

So this year, I'm not going to look at SYF as a failure, but rather, as the best experience I could ever ask for with any choir. I've learnt to look beyond the final result as the be all and end all of everything, and I've felt how this experience can transcend disappointment and all other perceived societal expectations.

In other news, I've been told that my application for CAP in June has been accepted! *\O/* Am freaking freaking freaking thrilled but trying to be, y'know, cool about the whole thing and all. (Goes to rehearse perfectly composed expression for official breaking-of-news by teacher tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment