Thursday, July 02, 2009

the Healthy Living doctrines

I am such a health-nut hippie.

I had a portobello mushroom multigrain sandwich for breakfast, which made me feel like a an über-gourmand as I brisk walked to the train station in the morning. I listened to a podcast about ecology.

After the maths paper, I had a slice of honeydew as a mid-morning snack.

For lunch at home, I grilled portobello mushrooms in the toaster. I ate it with unpolished brown rice and pine nuts, alongside steamed corn, tofu and lady's finger that my grandma made. For dessert, I heated up a homemade raisin muffin from a friend and later on, snacked on a sweet and somewhat-crisp persimmon. I washed and recycled my vitagen bottle.

(Then I tried to revise chinese and had to stop to prevent the negative feelings of despair and hopelessness from leading me to the cream cheese frosting and chocolate stash.)

It rained and I sat on the couch and chilled out for a while, and then went out running. Only this time, my iPod shuffle for some peculiar reason couldn't connect to my computer, so I'll either (a) send it for servicing at my friendly apple retail store (yay macs), or (b) get a new iPod nano, pronto.

Then for dinner, I had more brown rice, steamed vegetables and salmon (I had no choice, my mum thinks I should be a pescetarian instead, and seeing how salmon is a good source of naturally occurring omega-3 fatty acids, I think it'll be an exception) with some kind of strange Indonesian/Peranakan spicy carrot soup.

At this rate, I should be living to a ripe old age of 132.
And speaking of life and death, I've seriously had it with the Michael Jackson tributes. Devoting millions of newspaper pages, news broadcasts, blog posts and facebook profile pages to the coverage of his death is one thing, but broadcasting tribute concerts, having his face all over the iTunes music store and continuing to talk about his death for the entire week really takes the cake.

I mean, MJ died. It's very sad. Boo hoo, we cry and mourn, it's a loss of a mega pop icon and the world will never be the same again. But sheesh - it's like the deluge of 9/11 sob stories. The media's trying to capitalise on this and wring our emotions dry; don't even get me started on the amount of hypocrisy that's thrown at me every time I see the same people who denounced him as a whacko weeping buckets over a memorial site.

Anyway, this is my favourite article now at the moment - King of Pop Dead At 12 - The Onion

----

In other news, JCTs have been fairly alright. If I don't pass H1 maths, something is very wrong. Econs, history and KI are in the grey zone of uncertainty and possible mediocrity. I'm so so so dead for chinese tomorrow.

Also, I finally passed a Lit assignment! *\O/* I was so happy, I wanted to ricochet violently and jubilantly off the walls of the TA block while walking to the KI exam venue. I got an "Excellent Work!" so I guess it made me tear a bit after realising that things do come to fruition after all. (This, however, seems like a distant possibility re: SEA history)

No comments:

Post a Comment