Thursday, August 17, 2006

Brave New World


Brave New world by *bigcbigc on deviantART

Cool! deviantART now has this new feature which allows us to embed art in websites! I like this photo. It's the Eiffel tower taken from a whole new different point of view. Rather postmodernist, I must say.

Since my blog is mostly diary-based I shall talk about my day. Mostly routine stuff, probably the only things special (that's a good thing) was we had a debate in class today and then there was the Chinese common test that I had been silently dreading these few days.

I don't mind taking tests. It's the receiving-of-results moment that I fear the worst, because I have no idea what to expect. Sometimes, I, expecting to fail horribly, receive the paper with hands clammy and trembling, only to realize that I've passed. And lost by 1 mark to the person to scored highest. But that's a good thing and normally, good things don't happen all the time.

Most of the time, I'm expecting a much higher score, only to miss my target by a few marks. And then I'll be frankly quite annoyed because I hate disappointing myself. But I'm starting to develop an immunity for it, anyway. I think it's important to aim higher than your potential since it give you space to do even better than what you had desired.

I couldn't remember much about the debate but it went very wrong at the end.

... and hair wax can also cause cancer

That amused me, although if that were true I'd start being very concerned for many people. Well, I've done my research and apparantly, there is a similar myth that shaving one's armpits causes cancer. And also one about bleaching agents causing cancer. But nope, nothing about carcinogen-loaded wax.

In fact, it's the dyes used that may have a link to cancer. So, heaving a sigh of relief, metrosexual men won't lose their hair or die of cancer. (it's probably just a slight dandruff problem, that's all.)

(abrupt ending, as usual =P )

No comments:

Post a Comment