Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Woebegone on a Wednesday

(Don't think of reading these few paragraphs if you're afraid of looking at your own reflection in the mirror of morality)

I laugh! I mock! I jest! I can't help but feel pangs of sadness and sympathy towards people who whine all day about their teachers and how sad school is. It's not the teachers' fault that everytime they pass a class that sends awful memories, they tend to shift their attention and favour towards other more deserving classes? What we have here are delusions of our own appearance and reputation. We shouldn't be going around complaining that we have a supposedly lower learning capacity in comparison to other classes, because as a matter-of-fact, the margins that seperate the classes here differ by only 2-4 PSLE aggregate score marks. What are we to force assumptions that everyone is smarter than us? People grow and learn at different paces than the others—some will even catch up with the students in supposedly smarter classes and in schools that are, in a sense, 'dressier' with glossier reputations (but that's a separate issue altogether, anyway.)

And I really do admire the teachers for having to deal with such moronic behaviour and asinine attitudes (hey—alliteration). If I was a teacher, and if I were to carry a vapourizing zapping gun thingy to zap people that really bother me, most people would have disappeared by now. The science labs would be nearly empty and the classroom blocks would stand lifelessly. Then only i would be truly satisfied because the huge talking learning barriers that breed my contempt will finally be gone. A small victory for me.

Besides, the onus is on us to create a condusive learning envirnonment for ourselves, though sadly most of us tend to completely ignore the very glaring fact that we're the source of the trouble. Are we then, really willing to change?

Probably not since I've noticed the flood of self-righteous pots in a very elabourate charade.

Frankly, these past few days I have found no reason to blog. I had no opinions, nothing on, nada zilch whatsoever. Except that yesterday was the first time I stepped into the new Cathay Cineplex with Elizabeth and Ruimin, drawn particularly by its wonderful Ben & Jerry's parlour. And watched a PG movie that Ruimin said was very 'horny'. It was spastic and had an equally spastic title. 'My Super Ex-Girlfriend'. And I didn't like the characters. They were promiscuous, confused and to be frank, their acting couldn't save the dry storyline. I hope this isn't the rise of new Hollywood films that offer psuedo sex scenes in every genre because it doesn't entertain, it only distracts and gives a very bad impression that New Yorkers have sex with everyone they go out with. Call me a prude but if I went with my family, we might have walked off by the 30th minute. Moral standards are declining! I feel an urgent need to migrate to a parallel universe and I don't mind even if I had to spend a googolplex of lifetimes just to cover the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment