Thursday, November 09, 2006

Chalet!

Also, I have just arrived home from my class chalet. Same place as last year, only in a different unit that was much further from the pool than before. Hmphf.

The Movie





I arrived on the second night with shaojie, and together with andrea, we watched The Guardian (which was very touching and quite meaningful) at GV Tampines. I had an NY hotdog and Long John Silvers' Meal A. (the one where everything on the plate looks the same, it's only a question of the microportions of fish of chicken or potato that they serve. But they still taste like flour and salt, anyway.)

The movie we watched was roughly about the US Coast Guards and it was sad. But inspiring, despite rather mediocre less art-house-y cinematography. The movie was long! And so we ended at 12 am and had to catch a cab back to the chalet.

The Barbeque
I think we should have set up the grill much earlier beforehand! We ended up starting to cook at around 7.40 after a frustrating round of trying to stack charcoal and handle stubborn fire-starters.



Yeah and we managed to get the fire ready after a while—



and could barbeque our food. I loved the satay. I have always loved satay.



We took lots and lots of photos after that. All our three form teachers came! Miss Ong (our very first sec 1 form teacher), Miss Kuck and Ms Lim! I'll have to bug my other classmates for the class photos we took with them. So we were trigger happy most of the time and my eyes and limbs still hurt from looking at the flashes everywhere and having to strike some 'natural' pose when one thinks one is in the picture. How strenuous!



I took photos of people taking photos. Har-har.

The Movie Marathon

Ours was on-the-spur, because we started out watching House Of Wax (while I and some people were hitting each other while playing that I've-got-peace-like-a-river game which is not for a chi dun soul like me.) and then we got interested so everyone gathered in front of the telly and screamed at a gruesome parts (that were real gruesome) (but it was fun to see Paris Hilton's head being impaled by a rod. Ok. Must stop evil thoughts.)

After that, we watched The Park (that was in Cantonese i think). I'll never look at theme parks the same way again. But it wasn't that scary as I thought it would be, and the ending when everyone's photos were taken to 'help spirits to reincarnate' looked like a cheesy National Day video.

And I've finally watched Click! Hollywood is getting so vulgar and tasteless in comedy nowadays, it seems. Good thing Click could pull it off without annoying me. But I thought Morty (or was it Marty?) had a creepy face and when he said he was the Angel of Death I felt very scared, for a funny reason.

I loved Dark Water. It was very psychological and confusing at first, but once everything becomes clear you start to feel really awfully terrified. I think the part that sent the most chills and goosebumps was when Dahlia was alone reading to her daughter Ceci after her bath (wearing a sinister hooded sweater), or so she thought, when she suddenly heard the bathtub tap turn on and realized that Ceci was bathing and the girl with the hooded sweater wasn't her daughter. That feeling of sudden realization and dread.

I forgot what the titles of the other shows were because I was slowly switching off but I woke up to find a woman shouting on the television. heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment