Monday, January 28, 2008

empty shell

Just got off the phone with my best friend in primary school whom I haven't seen since sec 1. Talked about schools and stuff (he's in St. Pat's now) and reminisced about the old days, even though they may or may not have been all that pleasant.

I guess I'm feeling kinda lost and distant right now, which is perhaps what happens when one hasn't really had much connection on an emotional level with anyone else for days. It's not like an utter lack of attention, but rather a sense of superficiality in conversations and interaction. So yeah I feel like a delocalized electron and this reminds me of Chemistry SPA which I'm taking tomorrow.

Plus, I'm sick of the little half-hour enforced reading slots. We are forced to sit cross-legged in a stuffy hall that hasn't had any ventilation for the entire night. The air-conditioning isn't even turned on. Thirty minutes is rather short a duration for serious reading, but in such awful conditions, even lesser reading is done when the mind is focused on that pressing discomfort.

God, help me to see how you work in my life all the time, even though I'm oft so ignorant of your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment