Saturday, January 19, 2008

I must watch Atonement!





Today, we broke to the semis!

Today, I'm just sick of being singled out because everyone thinks my commitments lie elsewhere.
And because I have O levels this year, and because it's only right that I study for the sake of my future, and because I have so many responsibilities—wow, I am therefore in the wrong for being so enthusiastic in my co-curricular activities.

Of course, I am expected to prioritize. Especially since everything is vying for commitment commitment commitment. I am thus supposed to appease everyone. But when I look at how other people go home once lessons end, have absolutely nothing on during weekends, and spend their time loitering around, I wonder whether I've made the right choice to be the busy and distanced person that I've become.

So, you'll have to strike a balance between the amount of your commitments and your free time, you would probably say. Okay, yeah I try to. But it would be really great as well if there were people who were more willing to accept that I can't devote my time to me delivering their expectations of me.

Well, I don't go to school just to study, or sing, or debate, or lead, or help people do announcements. I go to school to glorify God. You'll probably be like, yeah, in what way? I want to lead a life that pleases Him, but it's just so hard when too many things occupy my mind, and when people say that you're supposed to deliver this and be that model student, and you're supposed to influence people. I just wish that sabbaticals were legitimate reasons for taking a break off school.

But other than that yeah I'm fine. Could have been finer though. -.-

On a more superficial note, I really like watching Japan hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment