Sunday, January 20, 2008

loves holga

Funny Pictures
moar funny pictures

ROAR. I want a kitteh.

Yesterday:

Went to island creamery to try the tiger beer sorbet with my sister!
But I preferred the teh-tarik flavour. Tiger sorbet had a dry, crumbly sensation when I tried a scoop. Teh tarik, on the other hand, was creamy and full of yummy condensed-milk goodness. Will be going back for more.

Went to burlington square to get the rolls of 120 film for the holga! Came home to discover that the take-up spool for the film was still at the film-developing shop with Unkind Counter Woman. Nearly screamed at Unkind Counter Woman when she stoically informed me that it's probably Thrown away already lah. I tried to look displeased. She checked the changing-box and I saw my poor spool there, apparently forgotten to be returned to me after processing. "Is it your spool?" says she with an accusatory eye that gleamed with suspicion. How most impertinent, I thought. Too irked to be there any longer, I walked off in a huff, chewing a Mintie (I really love Minties).

On a deeper level, I am amazed at the non-existent service standards that I have seen in Singapore. I've been to other countries and the shop assistants are all smiles when you step in. They welcome you and don't mind if you're only there to peruse without buying anything. They say thank you and you exchange greetings with them when you walk out. There is mutual happiness.

In Singapore, you enter a shop and most assistants stare on with a nonchalance that sickens me. The customer is treated with little respect. Maybe that's just our culture and our way of life, but I think it's one that I'm definitely not proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment