Friday, February 01, 2008

Atonement is M18 :(

Hm. Bio test was so-so. Found the 3rd question about level of insulin in bloodstream vs. glucose level in the diabetic dog rather vague. Did not have enough time to do the last 2 essay questions properly!! (but so did most people in class) v. annoyed. Will be happy to score a B3, but hey it's the learning experience that counts at this stage, right. (I bet shiyun's going like 'I found it okay what', lol.)

Got mildly irritated with my learning during classes today. I can't see 1/10th of the whiteboard! It's not really a big deal but I keep getting distracted by the imperfect view from my seat. My seat-mate really likes asking questions! He's really friendly and I enjoy sitting next to him, but sometimes I don't want to complicate my understanding of different concepts with too many tangential questions. (I also miss speaking in English without having to resort to over-simplifying my opinions for the sake of being understood.)

Choir practice today was alright, although I was quite disappointed with some of the members for being so darn full of opinions. I can't stand how some of the seniors hiss at them to keep quiet but their goodwill falls on deaf ears that never listen. And this was after I tried to keep my cool while waiting for them to gather when choir practice started. Look, I said, despite me giving the Gather command, there are people still (freaking) strolling to take their places. So there was silence when I said that, and I realized that I hate sounding like previous seniors (not in choir) who stand and give long debriefs steeped in pessimism that cause everyone to turn melancholic. But that aside, I'm really glad to see so much energy being exuded from the vast majority! Especially during choreography today.

My sister has discovered how wonderful it is to not be in SOTA. She stumbled across some of their friendster profiles, which were peppered with 'I LURVVE MY SOTA JIIES AND MUIIS'-type of statements that although speaks volumes about the mutual bonds that they have enjoyed, also point towards juvenile tendencies that is unexpected and surprising, coming from an institution that chooses to focus on the fine arts, and at the same time putting their students on the much-celebrated and challenging IB track.

Anyway, I have flag-day tomorrow, and I'll lie in wait with my classmates to pounce on unsuspecting members of the public who look like they have lots of change to spare. I've been told to look out for (i) dating couples, because the guy's likely to donate as a symbol of his love for charity and generosity in front of his beloved, and (ii) primary school kiddies because there are stickers to tempt them. Oh, and not forgetting parents of young children who will be pestered into donating just for the sticker. I mean, that's what I did when I was young. Ha-ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment