Sunday, February 17, 2008

Post-Juno Reality Jolts



I really enjoyed watching Juno. Anyone wants to go watch it again? Like after school or something. We'll probably ride fire engine-red bicycles with our guitars slung on our backs after that. Then we'll sit by the driveway and munch doughnuts as we watch the leaves fall. If we're really lucky, it might snow, and that would make for some pretty interesting conversations when we grow old and end up sitting on tacky rocking chairs decked out under the shade of the porch watching the sun set with its rays forming shadows of our former youthful incandescence behind us.

But no; I live in Singapore; ergo my assumed motto brushes away the celebration of liberty and freedom as folly, and the little doughnut mediocrities that I eat aren't worth the hour-long wait. And not many people, perhaps with the exception of female 30-something yuppie-types, know about macaroons. And I can't believe the complaints choir was banned from performing in public, although I have to admit that listening to a persistent Greek chorus-like performance can sometimes be more annoying than, I don't know, an itch you can't scratch.
(Related: Article in McSweeney's)

(Pleasant and rather life-altering surprise:
Oh hey I can connect my phone to my mac and actually charge it at the same time! Cooool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment