Sunday, December 28, 2008

feel my cutesy mittens

Went to visit the cutest baby in the world today! My nephew! He's turning a month-old now :) I've taken many photos but I'm keeping them to myself for now. Selfish, I know. He shares the same name as me, and some of my sister too. I love his hair.

Yeah, you can imagine the conversations already, and they all tend towards the general direction of "Hello First Samuel! Second Samuel is sleeping inside." etc. etc. (If you are familiar with the two books of Samuel in the Bible.)

Travelled a few light years from Pasir Ris to town after that, because Esther wanted to go shopping. Let's just say that the concept of personal space had to be conceded to accommodate such contingencies involving the Post-Christmas Sales crowd on a Sunday. We went to Robinsons, Isetan and Tangs, but I didn't even try on anything because the continual feeling of claustrophobia had totally ruined my mood. Anyway, I also met Angeline at the men's wallets section! I think I understand the emotional nullity she speaks of when reminded of spending Christmas at the men's department. There is nothing exciting about working in the men's department, because apart from the fashion-house-type labels, everything else comes in varying shades of grey. Or brown.

In other news, I had a dream-within-a-dream about collecting my O level results. It was nice, and then it turned into a nightmare, depending on where your priorities in life lay and how your value system works. I'll tell you more if you ask me in person!

Tomorrow's gonna be really packed because I have three parties/gatherings to attend. Will I survive the day? Will I reach home in time to hide my sleep-deprived-driven lapses into insanity? Will I uncover the sinister truth of what really causes kayaks to capsize... really? Are there still disappointments to be found in undercooked chicken wings? Stay tuned for further details of my somewhat stultifying life!

No comments:

Post a Comment