Wednesday, December 10, 2008

my roman holiday (i)

(Honestly, not exactly Roman unless you count Israel as being previously part of the Roman empire. Yes I have sacrificed my reliability to squeeze in pop culture references, I'm as shallow as a wading pool.)

But to cut things to the chase: I'm back home and I have a (coveted) Mediterranean tan/sunburn and not put on a single pound. Be in complete envy! I went running along the Galilee in the morning chill and survived the risk of pneumonia, had salads every day, emerged out of the Dead Sea with soft and supple skin (not really), drank lots of pure spring water, and slept 8 hours every night!

Anyway, here are some pictures, before you start thinking Israel is some mega-sized health spa. I have many, many, many pictures and that is an understatement.

Day 0 - 1

My favourite feeling

"Yeah, I hope so too else I'll never be able to get back home."



International Airport in Israel. Here, I caught a cold that would plague me for the rest of the trip.


First kosher lunch



Migratory birds!


The view from Mt Carmel


Day 2

I stayed in a kibbutz-run hotel while at Tiberius, near Galilee. I wept with joy upon seeing the cheese selection at its breakfast spread. The desserts that I had for dinner weren't bad as well because they served meringue mushrooms :O :O :O 

A stream. Pastoral huh.






Touristy


In decreasing levels of sanity.

I hope that thing in the sky is just a speck of dust ;)

St Peter's Fish & Chips. Didn't like the fish but the chips were good.

We went on a boat ride around the Galilee



Day 3



My favourite kind of tree! :D




Sunrise


Donkey ride



Lunch in a garden! I had grilled chicken.


Anime eyes!

Sage 



Bedouin-chic. Haha. We had to don the traditional, no, ancient, garments of cloth and headscarves but we got to eat really good pita and humus inside!


These cute critters have really cute names. Coneys. Aren't they cute?




Golan Heights


I'll be putting up more pictures of the Dead Sea, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment