Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve

I'm back from CCIS, my sister has a new iMac with a huge screen so merry xmas dear sister may your wishes and dreams continue coming true etc., I'm shrugging off a backache, I'm planning for tomorrow's/today's dinner way too late srsly, I hope I can find avocados at NTUC tomorrow, and my workplace is getting messy again.

Anyway, the menu for tomorrow is:
Mushroom Soup (from fresh button mushrooms, it makes you view the canned variety with contempt and disgust)
Roast Chicken a la Zuni Cafe (that I did not have enough time to season. !!!)
Potatoes that I will miraculously roast in time for dinner together with the chicken
Some random salad that only by grace will appear on the table
Another meat dish that I will leave to Providence
And if we're our immune systems are feeling particularly strong then, cured salmon that my mum made that still needs one more day of curing (!)

And do the nation's pretentious shop regularly at borders, or what. Everywhere I turn to, there's no avoiding the twangy accented complaints from random locals who use "audacity" and "impertinence" while griping about imperfect cupcakes/sulky staff who have been obviously underpaid this holiday season/smudged lip gloss. I'm also ultra peeved at the unbelievable mark-up rate for books there that I can buy at amazon.com for slightly more than half the price without shipping. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment