Thursday, November 18, 2010

melting point

9 posts ago, I hit my 1000th (published) blog post! (I have many drafts lying around, mostly dormant, occasionally vengeful.) I (unconsciously) celebrated with a shot of Baileys + Polish honey liqueur (slightly vile) + amaretto-soaked sponge cake and woke up with Violent Throbbing Headache Of Death. Such is the story of my life.

Anyway, seeing how my papers are going, I'm thinking of keeping dreams a little more real. I'll be OK in FASS. (Just eternally bitter, of course.) Also, the thought of being bonded for eight years is at once alluring  (masochistically) and horrifying (in a post-ironic sense). It is this conflict that animates all my decision-making processes. Moreover, there is a small, charitable and timid person inside me who feels bad about rejecting personalised, sincere and somewhat heartfelt offers, but oh well.

Additionally, I'm reading Mythologies (Barthes) and the selected stories of Robert Walser + planning Melbourne leg of Great Aussie Trip 2010. UNESCO City of Literature, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment