Tuesday, November 02, 2010

notes

1. Books to read: À rebours by Joris-Karl Huysmans and Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov. Both are about decadence and sloth. 

2. No really, why do people study at Starbucks? The wooden chairs are too hard and the very comfy sofas are only conducive for sloth and leisure. Whatever makes people happy, I guess. I am also very hard to please. I mainly hang around for the food (and the smell of food.) 

3. Stupid Favorite Word of the Week: defenestrate. 

4. Eerily Recurrent Word of the Week: ferment (As in, "the livid but long-drawn ferment of the subjugated peasantry.")

5. BEST. POETRY. ANTHOLOGY. EVER. HEARTS UNTIL CANNOT HEARTS ANYMORE. (The cover bears the most unfortunate resemblance to Currently Popular Vampire-Romance Series That Needn't Be Named, but still, it's already too ridiculously perfect. If I were a silverfish, I would only settle for a book like this. I will grow fat on the pulp, and then explode happily and messily all over the cover.)

6. Note to self: respect thy body, flee from all evil, i.e. Vile Coffee. 

7. I'm going to collect the literature t-shirts tomorrow! All Is Groovy!

No comments:

Post a Comment